No offense intended…but(t)…put the fork down and read up.
We were browsing in one of the big box home improvement stores recently and noticed that Crane Plumbing has answered nature’s call by designing a “comfort width toilet” for those looking for a wider parking space in their lavatory.
That’s right. Now you can buy your very own high performance, ADA (comfort-height) approved, extra wide seat… toilet!
In fact, the seat is 2 inches wider than a regular commode seat.
A Wider Toilet Seat Is A Better Toilet Seat
Crane Plumbing is inviting its (portly) customers to “Experience the New Size of Comfort.”
Apparently, Crane is hoping that a butt-load of customers will take the plunge and switch out their old skinny toilet and replace it with its new “wide load” royal throne.
Seriously, a fat toilet should provide a higher level of comfort for those sporting a back-side on the plump end of the scale.
More Toilet Shopping Tips
- Toilet designed for obese persons – who knew?
- Family Handyman’s Toilet Buying Guide – everything you should be looking for in a new toilet.
- TOTO Neorest toilet – a famously sophisticated automatic toilet. Just walk right up, sit right down, do your business and the TOTO Neorest takes care of all of the “chores”. Its many high-tech features will blow your mind! (See the TOTO Neorest video demonstration.)
- Big John toilet seat – no further explanation needed.
- Be careful where you put the toilet! – things to consider before putting a toilet in your new bathroom.
- Wide toilet seats on Amazon – everything from wider to longer to larger elevated toilet seats.
- Bathroom design tools & standard sizes – typical bathroom dimensions (powder room vs full bathroom) and sizes for items usually placed in bathrooms (toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, etc).
Writing a home building blog that chronicles new homes during different phases of construction from a consumers’ point-of-view is rather unique and loads of fun. Basically, my tips are a collection of checklists for what I think should (and should not) go into building a quality home. So let’s have fun seeing what’s new in the housing market these days!