This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
If you’re building a new home or have always dreamed of creating a uniquely gorgeous master bathroom, now is the right time to make your vision a reality.
The master bath is an essential room in your home — it should be a place of reflection, solitude, and peace.
Designing your dream master bathroom requires:
- Thoughtful space planning
- Recognizing your needs
- Incorporating a sophisticated blend of proper lighting, textures, and materials
While there are countless creative ideas for designing a dream master bath, here are 7 clever master bathroom ideas and trending designs:
#1 – Design an efficient layout.
Even the most surreal bathroom design has to incorporate a vent stack, water lines, and plumbing drains.
There are multiple master bathroom layouts:
- A 1-wall layout is the most cost-effective plan, but it’s also the most limiting because the shower, toilet, and sink line up one wall.
- A 2-wall plan provides more design flexibility — the toilet and sink can be plumbed on one wall and the shower and tub on another.
- A 3-wall layout is highly versatile, but it is also the most expensive.
#2 – Consider various sink styles.
These are the 2 most popular types:
- One-piece bathroom sinks that are part of the vanity top and under mount bathroom sinks make it simple to clean directly into the sink from the counter.
- Self-rimming bathroom sinks are effortless to install and very economical. However, the edge can collect dirt.
#3 – Design a unique mirror & lighting scheme.
Ideally, you should have eye-level wall-mount lights on each side of the mirror and a third light above it.
Arranging lights in this manner illuminates your face from above and both sides and eliminates shadows.
#4 – Make a statement with the bathtub.
- Freestanding tubs include claw-and-ball feet, pedestal base, or straight-sided and streamlined — similar to a sculpture.
- Platform tubs have an unfinished exterior and sit in a supporting structure. The decking is usually limestone, marble, or tile — and the sides may be covered in stone, tile, or paneled in wood to match the decking.
#5 – Recreate a spa shower.
Luxury showers recreate the spa-resort feeling in a dream bathroom.
Include a mixture of spray heads such as:
- Ceiling-mounted rain showerheads that soak you from above; and
- Shower body sprays that create a crisscross rainwater massage.
For a custom-made stand-up shower, choose a waterproof material to cover the ceiling, floors, and walls.
Frameless glass shower doors are an excellent way to showcase striking tile work.
#6 – Choose elegant tiles.
Attention to detail is essential when choosing your master bathroom tile.
You can use a combination of various materials, textures, and shapes, but make sure your tile design balances and complements existing elements in the room.
#7 – Incorporate a calming color palette.
If you want to express serenity through your color palette, consider these things:
- A warm, neutral color palette will create a soothing mood.
- Calming colors such as earth tones, coppers, and browns offer a relaxing quality and create a slightly rustic yet rich and sophisticated feel.
- Touches of crisp, white, clean lines with contrasting shimmering tiles in natural hues produce a spa-inspired design.
Creating a dream master bath is a popular trend. It increases the value of your home, facilitates relaxation and comfort in your daily life, and adds to the aesthetics of your home.
Regardless of your interior decorating skills, you can definitely create a stunning room with these master bathroom ideas.
Making your dream master bath a reality could be just a few features away!
More Master Bathroom Ideas
- Bath Tub Buying Guide
- Create A Dreamy Rustic Master Bathroom In Your Home
- DIY: How To Tile Your Bathroom Floor
- Stylish, Simple & Serene Master Bathroom Ideas
- How Much Does A Master Bathroom Remodel Affect A Home’s Value?
My husband and I have been through the home building process… from scratch… more than once! (And we still have a few pieces of property that we might build on in the future.) So we definitely have some helpful tips to share when it comes to designing your dream home and building a house from the ground up. We've also learned that the 'fun' doesn't end once the house is built. Our clever home maintenance hacks will save you time and money each year that you live in the home. And… since everyone's house eventually needs a little remodeling (as has ours), we've got some ridiculously helpful home renovation tips as well! Whenever I’m not DIYing something around the house or adding to my Dream Home Wish List, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).